When summer comes, there are many towns that prohibit or limit the passage of dogs to the beaches of their localities, to avoid conflicts with bathers at the time of greatest occupation. Although it may be understandable, it is evident that dogs enjoy a good walk on the beach like no one else, and even a dip in the sea water. In order to respond to this need, the solution provided by some town councils in Galicia is the provision of certain beaches for the passage of dogs throughout the year.
The rules of access, schedules and specific specifications are set directly by municipal ordinances, so if you are going to make use of any of the beaches that we recommend in this post, it is better to check with the city council beforehand, so as not to take any surprise upon your arrival.
At the end of this post, we have compiled all the beaches mentioned in a map, to make it easier for you to locate them or plan your visit with your pet.
Province of A Coruña
The province of A Coruña has the following beaches enabled for use by pets:
- Arenal Beach. A Pobra do Caramiñal. Bounded area 300 meters south of the beach.
- Canine beach of Ares. Canine area enabled at the end of the Yacht Club.
Province of Lugo
The province of Lugo has one beach with access for dogs:
- Punta Corveira. In the municipality of Barreiros, next to the beach of Lóngara.
Province of Pontevedra
The province of Pontevedra is the one with the most beaches to be visited with dogs. We detail them below:
- O Espiño beach and O Portiño beach. Both in O Grove, next to the sports port of Pedras Negras, in San Vicente do Mar.
- Beach of Cunchiña, Cheminea or Massó. In the municipality of Cangas do Morrazo, located opposite the old Massó canning factory.
- Cesantes beach. Belonging to the municipality of Redondela, this beach has an area of 150 meters reserved for dogs in the vicinity of the area known as “Os Asteleiros”.
- Arealonga beach. The municipality of Redondela has another pet-friendly beach, specifically in a small cove located about 100 meters from the beach of Arealonga. At high tide the sand disappears, so before going consult the schedules of the tides.
- O Castelete beach. Located in Vilagarcía de Arousa, it is a beach that has been frequented for a long time by users with pets, so it has specific services, such as litter bins.
- Beach of A Foz and A Calzoa. Both in Vigo, and adjoining, they add an area of almost 500 meters in the area of the mouth of the river Lagares.
We hope that with this information you are encouraged to take a walk along our beaches with your pets. So that you can organize yourself better, we leave you this map with all the beaches of the geolocated post: